YNAB for small businesses

flpd1556flpd1556 Posts: 16Member
edited March 2011 in Desktop
Today is the very first day of my newly-formed small business. I've been using YNAB for 9 months now, and it's been extremely beneficial. I want to know if YNAB can be used for a small business to track expenses, payroll, etc...? Jesse, can you or anybody help me with this? I really don't want to have to utilize another software for the business if I don't have to.

Thanks,
Bill
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MalisaMalisa Posts: 6,140Member, Moderator, YNAB Team, Beta Tester
    A few forums down, there's one specifically for ynab/small business.

ynab-for-small-business-f81/
  • flpd1556flpd1556 Posts: 16Member
    Thanks, Malisa
  • flpd1556flpd1556 Posts: 16Member
    My business is a mobile food vending service. I'm going to have to keep track of food inventory, supplies, gas for company vehicle, possible payroll, insurance, advertising, taxes, and revenue that comes in from customers purchasing my meals. What's the best business software available to keep track of these things? Also, I want to be able to infuse the same, "stop living paycheck-to-paycheck" principle, into my business finances. But, if in a particular month I might need to order an excess of food inventory because of a large festival, how can you implement the forcasted budget projection for the month? I need help. I don't want to mess things up. I officially open the doors for service the first week of June. If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill
  • WairereRoseWairereRose Posts: 5,875Member, Beta Tester
    Bill, it is possible that YNAB will come with a business oriented program later, but at present it is not up to the types of full reporting that you will require for a business and to get that it will be necessary to use another program. I am not in the US, so not familiar with software available there, and our tax situation is very different to yours so suggesting something that is very commonly used here may not be useful to you at all.

All the best for your new business venture.