Free Dropbox Space

bombermanbomberman Posts: 74Member
edited August 2012 in Off-Topic Chat
I know many of us use Dropbox to store our budget files so we can use YNAB on multiple computers, so I thought this Gizmodo article I stumbled across might be of some interest:

http://gizmodo.com/5881755/how-to-get-45-gb-of-dropbox-storage-for-free

The gist of the article is that Dropbox is running some beta testing on new software, and by using this software and uploading stuff to Dropbox you can get free storage. I'm not sure if that extra storage remains after the beta testing period is over or not, but I'd assume that if you're only uploading stuff that you have local copies of then you probably have nothing to worry about.

If you don't know what Dropbox is, it's a fairly straightforward and simple way to get files in the cloud and easily accessible on multiple computers. You get a small amount of storage free for signing up, but you can also upgrade to a larger, paid account if you want. Once upon a time, they offered extra free storage to users if they referred other people to sign up for free accounts. I'm not sure if that offer is still going on; however, if you decide you want to sign up for a Dropbox account and you'd like to attempt to give me some free storage for the "referral," feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can figure out what the referral link is. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments