How Do we run 2 users on 1 computer

toolmiester11toolmiester11 Posts: 5Member
edited February 2012 in Desktop
How do we use YNAB for 2 users ( my wife and I use the same budget) on 1 computer when one user is passworded (Admin.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WairereRoseWairereRose Posts: 5,895Member, Beta Tester
    I'm just taking a stab here, but from memory the admin person has to set the program to be available either just for themselves or for all users. As long as you have just the two users this should be possible.

I haven't used user accounts for years though (since XP days) so I can't walk you through the settings to change it if that's not how it is at the moment, but it could well be in the control panel under a user settings option, or else in the programs part of the control panel somewhere. Start there anyway and see what you come up with.

Hopefully someone else happens along who knows the answer to this. I'll message Steve to see if he can help, but he'll be asleep at the moment I think, he's in a different timezone to me.
  • MudieMudie Posts: 2,514Member, Moderator, YNAB Team, Beta Tester
    You have a couple of different ways to tackle this but it depends on what you're running it on. Are you on a Mac or Windows computer?
  • toolmiester11toolmiester11 Posts: 5Member
    windows xp
  • thefish30thefish30 Posts: 344Member
    I don't know about XP, but in Vista, logged in as Admin:

Control Panel
    Set up parental controls for any user
    click on her account
    then either:
    Parental Controls off
    OR
    Allow and block specific programs, then
    user can use all programs
    OR
    user can use only programs I allow>add YNAB to the list

also, make sure the budget files are saved in a folder you can both access, like Public

Hope this helps
  • Budget_NinjaBudget_Ninja Posts: 4,674Member, Beta Tester