I'm looking to improve our support documentation on FSAs and HSAs, so I started doing some research this week. I don't have one of these accounts so I don't know much about them. Boy is there a lot to know! Would some of you mind sharing how yours work if you have one and how you handle it in YNAB? I specifically want to know things like:
- Are deposits to your HSA/FSA made before you are paid?
- Do you spend directly from the HSA/FSA account?
- Are you reimbursed after the fact?
- Do you have one that you decided not to track in YNAB at all? Why?
- What type of YNAB account did you set up for it (If you are using one) and why did you choose that option?
I can see that there lots of different ways they are handled, so I'm looking to find common approaches and best practices. And of course I want to keep our recommendations as simple and user friendly as possible. :) Thanks for any help!