You know you are a YNABer when....

macduncanmacduncan Posts: 620Member, Beta Tester
edited April 2013 in Success Stories
You know you are a YNABer when....the first thing you do when you get a receipt is say to yourself "ok which category will those go in or better yet, is this a split transaction!".

Hi my name is Bill and I am addicted to YNAB!

Bill

p.s. Feel free to add your own version of being a YNABer!
Post edited by Unknown User on
Bstar0306ftroopmomTimBurbyBozeman42Yuliyanotagain3333RollinMamaAnelei32kforsytheBudgetTreeakapulko2020meggles1scorpian007JLarabennieMarianaSVollmerbonmartinJMaynard0325ReikoChanmmmonaPuttingUpWithA

Comments

• jjsouthjjsouth Posts: 339Member
    Trevor wrote:
    You know you are a YNABer when you antagonize over buying girl scout cookies because you can't figure out if you should categorize it as groceries or charity.
    (I ended up buying two boxes and putting one under each category)

Love it!
    BudgetTree
  • mteverestmteverest Posts: 100Member
    You know you're a YNABer when you have

newposts.html

as one of your browser's home pages. Or is it just me? :)

mt
    lleeakapulko2020meggles1bonmartin
  • macduncanmacduncan Posts: 620Member, Beta Tester
    Heh MT I never noticed the View New Posts link before! And now I have it too on my homepage thanks to you!

Bill
    MuffnGrrlmeggles1
  • MalisaMalisa Posts: 6,140Member, Moderator, YNAB Team, Beta Tester
    You know you're a YNABer when your decision whether or not to purchase light bulbs at the grocery store isn't JUST a matter of weighing convenience and price...the fact that it will create a Split also factors into it.

(I opted to get them because I happened to see the bulbs I need for the light above the dining room table and they've been on my Home Depot list for a while. I figure even if they cost more, keeping me out of Home Depot is cost saving in and of itself.)
    code3chicaakapulko2020redsofa
    Heh...you're welcome, Bill!

mt
  • MalisaMalisa Posts: 6,140Member, Moderator, YNAB Team, Beta Tester
    macduncan wrote:
    You know you are a YNABer when...you use to word buffer in daily conversation.

...and your not a nail technician or a custodian.

You know you're a YNABer when your thoughts switch to 'Yikes, the balances in my accounts are only '$ insert a figure in the hundreds or thousands' instead of 'Yikes, the balances in my accounts aren't enough to buy me dinner'.
    petra09shymiMuffnGrrlReikoChan
    malisab wrote:
    macduncan wrote:
    You know you are a YNABer when...you use to word buffer in daily conversation.

...and your not a nail technician or a custodian.

... or a software engineer. :)
    Sardtok
  • Patzer wrote:
    You know you are a YNABer when . . .

. . . you see a new user struggling with a concept, and it hurts that you don't have time to write an explanation on the forum.

Patzer
    Isn't that the truth! :(
    Bozeman42BudgetTree
  • maryeamaryea Posts: 587Member
    LOL I can relate to all of these! :D Guess I am definitely a YNABer!
  • slipped_awayslipped_away Posts: 56Member
    Mudie wrote:
    Patzer wrote:
    You know you are a YNABer when . . .

. . . you see a new user struggling with a concept, and it hurts that you don't have time to write an explanation on the forum.

Patzer
    Isn't that the truth! :(

So true!!
  • roxybearroxybear Posts: 44Member
    You know you're a YNABer when ...

... you go to the bank to make some changes to your portfolio and you end up upselling YNAB to the Financial Planner behind the desk ...

... it was AWESOME ... I wrote the website down for him and everything ...

... I think that I will check back with him the next time I'm in to see if her purchased the software ...

Yes, I am a YNABer and I'm proud :D
    Kaetanayokosym
  • askielboeaskielboe Posts: 9Member
    When you don't notice your account balance is rising because you're focused on budgeting instead of dwelling in transactions.

When you look at a large deposit and smile thinking; 'I'm glad that those money already have a job.'

Makes you feel in control. Instead of letting the money control you.

I'm so glad I found YNAB.
    shymiRicklg3redsofa
  • jjsouthjjsouth Posts: 339Member
    rholme wrote:
    You know you are a YNABer when you are a straight guy but still strangely love a guy named Jesse that you have met on the Internet

I think we have a winner! :)
    TheTabbynicad74
  • TCBTCB Posts: 33Member
    You know you are a YNABer when you no longer stress about how you're going to pay the next bill. (The money is waiting in the bank.)
    Yuliya
  • supenguinsupenguin Posts: 261Member, Beta Tester
    I'm one of those crazy Dave Ramsey FPU people who has found my way to YNAB :) I've got a couple that sort of cover both...

You know you're a YNAB'er / Dave Ramsey fan when:

You can't wait until the last week of the month to do next month's budget.

You carry almost $0 in your wallet and most of your cash is in envelopes.

You laugh at the credit card commercials that claim that debit/credit cards are so much quicker than cash. Try being behind someone in line when the machines are down or the card is denied!!

You look forward to paying bills so you can see the balances on your mortgage go down and credit card balances go down and then go away (WE'RE DEBT FREE except for our mortgage).

You print out a graph of your net worth monthly and enjoy watching it go UP! (shoot, haven't done that in a while).

You tell the bank teller about Dave Ramsey and YNAB when he asks why you show up at the beginning of every month and get an envelope of cash. He's reading one of Dave's books. Haven't got him to try the YNAB demo yet :(
    The Frugal VeganTimBurbyshymi