I have read through many of the forums and have not been able to find an answer to the issue I am experiencing so maybe someone here can help.
Just to be noted, I am a very computer literate person. I build PCs, troubleshoot software for friends, and even have a semi computer tech career. However, this application and iPhone sync is creating frustration I have not felt in a long time.
So with that, here are my specs.
iPhone 1G with OS 3.1.3 Non Jailbroken
Laptop is an HP Pavilion dv7 with WiFi and a hard line network connections
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Router is a D-Link Gamer Loung DGL-4300
Laptop YNAB 3 version 22.214.171.124.63
iPhone YNAB version 1.1 (Change Log v 1.1.5 (29) )
Steps Attempted Order:
1) Ran application on laptop and the iPhone and attempted sync over WiFi with WPA security enabled. - Failed
2) Attempted to connect via Ad-Hoc but Auto IP configuration was not properly configuring the connection - Failed
3) Attempted to connect with another corporate laptop via Ad-Hoc but could not connect due to IP mapping - Failed
4) Removed iPhone sim card to insure I could only receive internet through Ad-Hoc. Modified Ad-Hoc IP settings on HP laptop to 192.168.0.2 (HP) and 192.168.0.3 (iPhone) with standard subnet mask, gateway, and domain settings. Turned on internet connection sharing and I was able to browse the internet on the iPhone - Success
5) With new Ad-Hoc settings, attempted to sync the iPhone and HP laptop in YNAB - Failed
6) Frustrated, decided to remove all Ad-Hoc connections and attempt connection through WiFi
7) Rebooted Cable modem (even though not needed), router, laptop and iPhone - Success
8 ) Reestablished laptop and iPhone WiFi connection - Success
9) Reattempted sync - Failed
10) Went into router settings and dedicated an 192.XXX.XXX.XXX IP to the iPhone - Success
11) Enabled port forwarding to the new IP address for port 5250 - Success
12) Rebooted router and reattempted the sync - Failed
13) Pinged new IP address, 0 packets lost - Success
14) telnet into new IP with port 5250 when the iPhone's YNAB was not running - Failed (expected)
15) telnet into new IP with port 5250 when the iPhone's YNAB sync was running - Success
16) Changed the router's wireless to 802.11 b, rebooted router and reattempted sync - Failed
17) Created a brand new budget with a $500 checking and attempted sync - Failed
18) Ran the laptop YNAB application as administrator and turned on diagnoses on and attempted to sync - Failed
18) Turned off windows firewall and insured no other applications were blocking, sync - Failed
19) Reinserted sim card and tried to sync - Failed
I might have left a few steps out but that is all that I can remember. As you can see, I have tried as much as I could find in the forums.
Please let me know if you need any further information or any additional steps I should take.
Thank you for a wonderful product!
- R -